Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kallie and I have come a long way since May, we are so happy living in Texas. She is smart, beautiful, and happy; my precious daughter. She is still having a great time with both Mother's Day Out and her dance class at Suzanne's School of Dance. We love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Skillman, Uncle Ross comes to visit too. And we go to see Grammy and Gramps Black every Sunday.
Update on me: I'm still working at Brazos Christian School in the After Care program and *big news* I just completed all the required credits for my BA, so...I'm officially a college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Educational Studies. Next step: get my teaching certification, this requires a bit more money, a few tests, and a year of teaching on a probationary certification, since I'm going the alternative certification route. It is a bit more difficult to recieve a full-time teaching position for the first year when going this route, however, after the first year, I will be fully certified. Short version, I can be teaching when the fall semester starts, now I just need to find out where.
Since the divorce has been finalized, I have been able to fully enjoy my life. I am so happy where I'm at, with school, with work, with Kallie, and with my boyfriend Chris. He's my big sweet teddy bear and I love him, and he's such a good male figure for Kallie to see her Mommy with.
I'm looking forward to starting my career, getting a place for Kallie and I to live, and settling into my new life some more. I'm so happy and can't wait to start a new chapter, me and Kallie against the world, bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment